Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

I was so nervous - pretty sure Daniel was too today! But, everything went well. We even got to hear the heartbeat - which was so surreal! The Dr. let us know that this early on sometimes it can't be detected and not to be upset if it wasn't - but 20 seconds after he found "baby knight" - we heard his/her heart beating away! It was right at 100 beats which the Dr. said is exactly where it should be. By the end of week 6 it should be around 126. The old wives tale is that the higher the heart rate usually indicates a girl, but I just did some research and it hasn't been proven haha. I already can't wait to know if our sweet little one is a future Gamecock cheerleader or football player. :) 10 more weeks til that though! Keep us in your prayers that all keeps coming a long well! You can see the little one up in the right corner - such a little one! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the little peanut already!!! Glad everything went well today, momma! Oh, and for the record - both my babies heart rates went right along with the wives tale. Dutch was never over 136 bpm and Lane's always hung out in the mid 160's. Of course, I know some that it wasn't true for, so you'll just have to wait & see! You can always try the gender predictor kit, but I think you have to wait a few weeks - not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I can't wait to see a "real" HR next time. This time it was only 100 since it just started beating. At first I was really nervous it was too low, but the doctor said this early on it is only 90-110 average so I felt better! The Chinese chart says a girl, so we will see!

    ReplyDelete