Monday, August 8, 2011

VENTING :)

I am taking a moment to vent. I have never done this before.. but it is time haha. So here we go... and if you don't want to read this, then don't. I'll probably update tomorrow with a doctor update so that will be a little more exciting for you.

#1 - Just because you have had a baby before me, whether it be 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 weeks, or 10 years - I do not need to know every piece of advice that you think you should offer me. If I have any questions for you, I will be sure to ask. And if I do ask, don't be a know it all. Just be honest and supportive. Don't act like you are super mom. I promise that I won't once Karris is here. Heck, I am not even super wife or super friend or super daughter... I know I won't be super mom. But I will do everything in my power to be as good of a mom I can be.

#2 - Your baby is not perfect and life is not peaches and cream immediately after you have your little one. It is a fact... it is an adjustment. So quit trying to pretend that life just keeps on keeping on like it was before your little one was here. It is hard for everyone, regardless of if you have a "perfect" baby. (Which if you act like you have a perfect baby, it's pretty much a dead giveaway you probably don't anyway.)

#3 - Just because something works for you doesn't mean it is going to work for me. All people parent differently and all babies adjust differently. If I want to stay locked up in the house with Karris for 6 months, maybe I will. Haha just kidding. I'll probably have her at the mall when she is a week and a half old. Hey - I never missed a day of school K-12th grade - so my parents must have done something right letting me be around germs early on!

#4 - My doctor is in charge of me and Karris. He will know what is right for us as far as induction, waiting it out, etc. And as soon as he tells me what I should or shouldn't do - I will go with it. There is a reason he is a doctor and delivers tons of babies weekly successfully.

#5 - It is hot as H-E double hockey stick outside. And I have an extra 30 pounds on me and the heat index is like 110 or something crazy today. I know you are probably hot too, but believe me, unless you are a 400lb obese person - I promise that I am probably hotter. Not to mention, I can't even pull myself up out of the bed without pulling my comforter for support, or the cushions on the couch, or pushing up out of the bathtub using the side and the railing... mmk?

#6 - I did go to nursing school and I did graduate and I did do L&D clinicals. (A whole 6 months of them actually - wow!) So, not that I am by any means a pro (far from it actually) - I have seen many different deliveries, many different mommies and many different babies. Note the key word is different. No 2 are the same. Like no 2 pregnancies are always the same. All I can do is pray for a smooth, healthy labor and delivery for both Karris and I. (And Daniel too, sometimes I am more worried about him passing out than anything.) And I pray that if God blesses us with another baby one day - that my pregnancy will go as smooth as this one has. Because everyone knows I have been so very, very lucky. No sickness.. no complications.. no nothing. But like I said, next time around I'll probably be sick as a dog on top of taking care of a 3 year old or whatever age Karris happens to be. Hey - it's the way the world works, right?

#7 - This is it, I promise. I am ready for Karris to be here. SO ready. This last week is hard because I feel like a cow. Sometimes I feel like I can't even breathe when I am laying down. But one thing that I have heard from people I know will be true, as soon as she is in my arms - all of these last few days of misery will all go out the window. Maybe I'll crack a window and let in the 110 degree heat to prepare. Just kidding.

XOXO - COME ON BABY KARRIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment