Tuesday, August 9, 2011

39 Week Update!

Still no change today, looks like I am like my mom. She had to get induced with all 3 of us because her cervix wouldn't soften and it seems like mine doesn't want to either. So, if she isn't here by Sunday they will start an induction. We are to be at the hospital at 4:00 and they will start Cervidil at 5pm! Usually takes 8-12 hours to soften cervix then I will be receiving Pitocin. So hopefully Karris arrives sometime midday on Monday! (Unless she comes on her own before then, but when I asked the Dr. if he thought she would, he quickly said no.) So just keep us in your prayers. I am very nervous about getting indcued. I would much rather have her own my own - but he thinks she will likely be 8lbs as it is. So I don't want to chance a C-section OR a 10 lb baby. I am still counting my blessings, because the positive with the cervix not softening is it's strong and I hopefully won't ever have to worry about a preemie or being on bedrest in the future. So that is a plus I must say.. especially with the number of people I have known go into labor early or have to be on bedrest. So, there is always a silver lining! If for some crazy reason I go into labor before Sunday - we shall update! I am so excited to OFFICIALLY know I will be a mommy in LESS than a week!!! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers :) You're going to do great!!! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete