Monday, January 3, 2011

Little Gummy Bear!

The little one has so graciously been nicknamed our little gummy bear this week, since that is about their size. :) My Dr. appt wasn't scheduled until next Monday, but let me tell you how much I LOVE Dr. Spielvogel.... he is awesome! I had a little scare Friday & Saturday with some spotting - sorry if that's TMI for some of you, but had to explain why we have a new pic and why I was worried! Anyways, after calling the nurse last Friday she reassured me that it was very normal in the first trimester for what I was experiencing - however of course being my worrisome self, I still e-mailed the Dr. on Saturday. He got in touch with me today and told me to come in this afternoon. Daniel couldn't leave work on such short notice, so Aunt Kristin came along for the ride and support. Thank goodness because I was a mess! Anyways, after going in, Dr. S immediately found the little "gummy bear" and the heartbeat! And the heartbeat was almost 160 he said - which is great! And, at the first appointment - baby measured .50 cm and now is a whopping 1.8cm! Talk about a growth spurt in 2 weeks! Almost has tripled in size! Needless to say, lil mama is VERY happy and relieved. The wait isn't quite over yet - although Dr. S said everything looked perfect - keep us 3 in your prayers for the next few weeks and months at that. :) I can't stop smiling looking at the gummy bear's sweet picture!!! Love GB soooo much!

1 comment:

  1. Very normal, but better to be safe & know! I remember those days when I was so worried. I was glad to be sick most days because at least then I knew everything was fine. I couldn't wait to finally feel the baby move, then my worries mostly disappeared! I'm glad you got to see the bean again!

    ReplyDelete