Sunday, October 23, 2011

Karris is 2 months & Mommy is SLACK!

I cannot believe how long it has been since I have blogged. ONE MILLION things have happened! Where to begin... we have been one on the go bunch. Karris has traveled the state about 4x by now! Speaking of Karris.... :)

Karris

Karris is so sweet and such a good baby (not that I have another to compare it to, but I have been told this haha). She started smiling and laughing in the past few weeks and it is probably my favorite thing I have ever seen! She tries to "talk" - it is so cute watching her concentrate and how excited she gets when she lets out a big "ooooo" or "aeeeeeee." She was holding her head up when she was a day old and that was definitely an indication of this little busy body! Her Nana H calls her a busy body, because she is so nosy! She has to know what is going on at all times. Unlike most babies, she doesn't like to be held in the typical cradle hold. When she is awake and being held, she wants to be up over my shoulder so she can look around. (Hopefully this will be visible in my muscles one day haha.) Aunt Kris calls her a 2 year old instead of 2 month old because of how alert and in tune with her surroundings she is. (She sees tons of infants at work all the time and can't get over how miss Karris pays attention and tries to sit already.) She had her 2 month appt last week - thankfully we haven't been to the doctor with her since her 2 week check up. She got her shots and did really well. That cry is a cry you sure don't want to see again! Luckily it only lasted a minute. She sleeps well at night - she goes to sleep when I do around 11 and has a 5-6 hour span, then back up at 7 and then we nap for a few more hours :) She will even just go on to sleep on her own... I was worried at the beginning with so much company all the time holding her that she would get used to it. But most of the time she will fall right on to sleep when you put her down - of course with a few times of re-inserting her paci into her mouth if it falls out. It is amazing how fast she is growing. She was 9lb 10oz and 22 inches at her 2 month. We think she is probably more of 23 inches because we measured her last weekend and it was almost 24. So a meeting in the middle would be 23 haha. Long and skinny! Not like me as a baby, I was the pudgiest thing around. She loves sleeping on her side, when someone touches her nose, and the gamecocks of course!

Life other than Karris...

We are moving! Daniel actually already has started a job - as of October 3, in Claremont, NC. So we will be relocating to Hickory, NC. Either when we sell the house or when I find a nursing job. Speaking of, yes! I can finally add RN to the end of my name. Woo hoo!!! As much as I love staying home with my sweet girl, it will be so nice to finally use this degree I worked so hard for. And I know Karris will appreciate her hard working mama. Especially when we won't have to ask dad if it's ok to buy matching shoes one day. Lol. Speaking of, I think Daniel is the most excited about me working. Bless his heart.. so happy he has been able to provide for us since, um well, we met I suppose. So the move is exciting because it is a great job opportunity for Daniel yet also very sad since we will be leaving a lot of great friends at the beach and our house that we LOVE and just bought in April. But.. we have always in the back of our minds known we likely wouldn't live here forever. We just didn't know it would be so soon. Atleast Karris is still so young that she won't be moving schools, etc. And, we will be back to visit the beach every other month I am sure!

Needless to say, since the move Daniel and I have both been on the road A LOT. Our families have gotten to see Karris a lot more than they probably would have since Daniel started his job. Which has been nice for all of us. We have such great parents - who are making the best grandparents ever, so it is nice they get to see their first grandbaby a lot!  I will do better at updating. I can't believe how long it has been!

Here is the part you want to see anyway :)


Not even a month old! Sweet baby.

In her bouncy seat the first time.

Out at lunch with the girls!

1 month Birthday!

I love this picture... a little over a month old.

First time in her gamecock gear! GO COCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment