Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy May!

25 weeks! With Daniel at my friend Heather's surprise party!


We had our 24 week appointment last week. It was supposed to be on Tuesday but Dr. S had some emergency deliveries so I had to go back on Wednesday. I was so sad - but then I remembered that that could be me one day! So I understood :) I am feeling Karris kick around a lot more frequently now. It is the neatest thing ever. Daniel has felt her one time. Everyone has their on take on what those first kicks feel like it, to me it feels like when you blow a bubble - kind of like someone is blowing bubbles in my belly... or kind of like popcorn popping. I love it :)

Everything was great at the appointment- all they did was listen to the heartbeat - which was 155, right on target, and measure me to see how far along baby Karris is. This was the first appointment that they could actually do a measurement at. I have finally got a real-life baby bump and people are asking me when I am due FINALLY on a regular basis. It makes me happy to be out of the awkward stage of is she pregnant?? Or is she just awkwardly fat in her gut lol. I have also finally started putting on some real weight. Daniel kept asking me if we were going to have a little squirt because he would see pregnant women due around the same time as me who were a lot bigger like back in February & March. I just told him that as long as the baby is measuring up to date - it is all fine. And most of the girls he had seen probably have already had a baby! I have come to realize that your husband actually seeing the baby bump makes it a lot more real to them. I think it is so sweet. I feel more and more blessed each and everyday that we have a healthy baby girl on the way. Being pregnant makes many others share stories of happiness and sometimes sadness that people have experience with losing children. miscarriages, etc. It is a blessing for sure.

Our next appointment is May 24. I already can't wait because we will get to see her face! I am so anxious to see what she looks like. I thought I wouldn't want to know but I have changed my mind completely. I cannot wait! I wish I was a rich celebrity and had an ultrasound machine at home haha.

I have my nurses pinning on Wednesday (it is basically my graduation, just for nursing students.) Actual graduation is Thursday but I am not going to participate because after sitting through USC's, I think the pinning will be just long, special  enough. My dad & stepmom are coming down tomorrow and staying and then my mom & stepdad are coming down and staying Wednesday. We will have a house full the next few days but I am really excited! Dad & Debbie haven't seen the new house and Michael hasn't either. I am just busy working at Salt Creek in the mean time and looking for a nursing job too! I haven't decided if I am going to start a job before baby or after... but I have a feeling I need to start before because it will make it PRETTY hard to start after she gets here I have a feeling! I picked out her bedding last week - it is precious! It is made by Petunia Pickle Bottom. You can see it here!

We will have the furniture for her nursery on May 14 after we go to visit my aunt and uncle in Columbia to pick it up. I can't wait to have the nursery done! But I need something to do with all this spare time without school. My mom is bringing me her sewing machine when she comes up - I want to start an adventure making clothes. (Only very simple things of course.) Will keep you posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment